Bill No. 120430 - Revised Sign Controls
Download Bill No. 120430 here: http://legislation.phila.gov/attachments/13110.pdf
The new zoning code approved by City Council and signed into law by the Mayor in December 2011 did not include substantive amendments to the sign controls portion because the Zoning Code Commission did not have the resources to complete this work within its timeline. At the end of 2010, an interagency Sign Controls Working Group began analyzing the existing sign controls and developing a new framework for this chapter of the code.
This ordinance includes amendments to several sections of the new zoning code addressing sign controls, as proposed by an interagency Sign Controls Working Group.
- Chapter 14-200 – Incorporating new rules of measurement and definitions
- Chapter 14-400 – Revising sign regulations in Special Purpose districts to be consistent with new definitions. Substantive changes were made in the Special Purpose – Institutional district with the intent to produce more predictable amounts of signage
- Chapter 14-500 – Modifying or removing the portion of neighborhood-based overlays dealing with signs, because the sign controls in base districts (Chapter 14-900, below) now address the preponderance of their concerns
- Replacing Chapter 14-900 with a new Chapter 14-900
- Carrying over the Market Street East and I-95 Condemnation Corridor sign controls